Post-Processing data before plotting

Hi,

I'd like to post-process the data I get from an SQL query in Python (or, if that's easier, in Javascript) and then plot the resulting data using the normal Mode Analytics plotting facilities. I could plot the charts in Python, but then they don't fit stylistically with the other charts in the report and I lose the nice tooltip thing the normal charts do when I hover on them.

Ideally I would like to treat the pandas dataframe I produce just like a table I get from running a query.

Is this possible, or do I have to fall back on plotting everything in Python?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Adrian -

Charting python results using Mode's native charting UI is not currently supported, but it is definitely something we've heard requests for before. I'll add a "+1" from you for that on our feature request board.

In the meantime, I would recommend checking out the Plotly library for python (more info on importing Plotly Offline into Mode's python notebook available here). It has some nice tooltips and allows for a lot of customization, so you can make charts that don't look out of place alongside Mode's native charts.

Reply Like
  • +1 to Python DataFrame --> Mode Native DataViz  🙂

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 8 mths agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 525Views
  • 3 Following

Create A New Discussion

Share your thoughts