Can't connect to MySQL server

Hi All,

I installed MySQL, created a user, created a database, and provided the privileges to that user; however, when I enter credentials on mode (with host 'localhost'), I get the following error: "Could not verify connection: Could not create connection to database server."

It's frustrating, and has wasted a tone of my time already. Any idea how to resolve this, and whether I need an actual IP address for my MySQL server (and how do I obtain that?).

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Session Mwamufiya - thanks for writing in.

In order to connect to a database installed on your local computer, Mode needs to be able to reach your computer over the public internet. "localhost" is a reserved name that always points back to the computer your server is running on, which is why Mode can't use that to connect to your computer directly.

To get Mode connected to a database on your computer, my suggestion would be to use install our Bridge connector. Setting it up is easy. More information can be found here:

https://help.modeanalytics.com/articles/how-mode-connects/#bridge

Hope that helps - please do reach out to our success team via in-product chat or success@modeanalytics.com if we can be of further assistance. Thanks!

Reply Like
reply to topic
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 3 mths agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 128Views
  • 3 Following

Create A New Discussion

Share your thoughts